• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
TrabantDeLuxe

deLuxe says 'bonjour!'

Hi,

So here's a quick disclaimer, I err... I don't speak French. I'm slowly picking up on reading, but writing is a big no-no as of this point. I thought about running all my posts through google translate, but that tends to make a complete mess of it anyway (tried doing french to dutch, it was funny). Anyway, I'm the sort of guy who thinks steam locomotives are interesting and do a bit of dabbling about in TS2017 trying to get my own steamers in the game. Apart from that, I'm a dutchy, 28 years old by now, and a bit of a nerd.

Cheers!

jibeh    4,518

Van harte welkom op RailSim-fr  TrabantDeLuxe

Thanks everyone. @cerbere22; I certainly recognise that one. I visited the SHM a while back with a guy who actually fired the SHM 26 'ir. Bosboom'. Very cool engine up close, and a very comfortable cab as well. They've also recently restored a 020 engine (NS 6513 ex SS613) to be similar to a class of engines built for the Staats-Spoorwegen (chemins de fer d'etat neerlandais, in most french literature). Really neat looking engine it is :D.

Unfortunately, there's not much left in terms of dutch mainline steamers. Certainly a shame, but small engines have their own charm I think.

cerbere22    4,382

Here is 6513 :)

tumblr_ou9j9aa7dQ1sk2a5so3_1280.jpg

Went to visit the SHM last August and it really is a nice railway with lovely engines. And with the train+boat ticket I had a great day discovering the north-western part of the Netherlands!