• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
springer6

Correct procedure when entering a TVM signalled section

springer6    39

Hello,

I am a great fan of the pml3 TGVs, both the standard versions and the excellent Duplex. ( better than the DTG version technically )

However I have a great problem with the correct procedure to adopt when moving from a non TVM section and then into a TVM signalled section.

When in a non TVM section , I usually disable KVB ( ctrl+F12) and VACMA ( ( shift +K ).

When I am about to enter a TVM section I select the correct pantograph (N or S) and the correct voltage (LGV) .

Then I press "J" to activate TVM just before the repere, however usually I get three reds and a yellow "controlle vitesse" and the emergency brakes.

Only sometimes do I get the correct three green TVM speed indications ( usually 300 kph).

The default locos with the AHS route pick up the TVM automatically, but not the pml3 models.

I have tried the procedure with each and both KVB and VACMA enabled and disabled .

Of course the TVM works perfectly well if I start off in a TVM section .

Can someone please explain exactly the correct procedure to adopt. :)

Merci.

springer6

springer6    39

Merci Beaucoup,

That is what I was doing wrong ! Pressing "J " to arm the TVM.

I have just tried a Quick Drive from St Pierre de Corps from the 15kv section onto the TVM section, with both the pml3 Duplex and one of the standard TVGs .

Both transitions to TVM occurred automatically, just a matter of selecting the correct pantograph and voltage.

I knew I must have been making an obvious mistake.

Thank you again.

springer :)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this