• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

SNCF DTG BR648 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

SNCF "Reskin Fictif" de DTG BR 648. Peut etre utilise dans les scenarios "Steam Workshop".

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Olaf ,

When you go into Assets\DTG\BR648Pack01 you will find "BR648Pack01Assets"  Type =AP File.

You need to unpack this .ap file, as you do with all DTG and most other downloads, before you can install any add-ons or reskins.

To unpack an .ap file, first make sure you have a suitable program installed.  "7-zip " is a good one and it is free.

When you have 7-zip, right click on the .ap file , hover on 7-zip and then left click on "Extract Here".

All the contents of the .ap file will then appear in your BR648Pack01 folder and you can follow my installation instructions.

Apologies for not mentioning .ap files. I wrongly assumed that most people knew you had to unpack them before making any changes or add-ons.

Note : If you don't want to unpack the whole .ap file, you can also select "Open Archive" rather than "Extract Here". You will then be able to just drag just the "RailVehicles" folder from the displayed archive into your BR648Pack01 folder.

I hope this helps ?

Best wishes :)

springer6

Share this comment

It`s the only Repaint for the 648 from DTG. I`m from Germany and Member in Rail-sim.de where you don`t find any Repaints for the DTG 648. That should be changed. You could try it in rail-sim.de, too.

Share this comment

Olaf ,

If you have no sound, did you extract all the "BR648Pack01Assets"  .ap file or just drag the RailVehicles bit out of the archive? 

If it was the latter, try completely unpacking the .ap file by using the "Extract Here" method I described. The reskin's .bin file calls for the audio ( and other items)  from the main "BR648Pack01" folder. Sometimes a .bin file will not look inside the .ap file, so you may have to extract everything in the .ap  to get all the features to work.

The sounds are fine for me (when all was extracted) and of 150 downloads , no one else has complained of no audio. Let me know if you solve it.

Be aware also that the DTG BR648 has an unusual start up procedure. You have to operate the engine start lever and then release it for a few seconds before it starts. Also the handbrake is on by default ! No mention of this in the manual !

I posted on Railsim-fr rather than Railsim-de as it is of course for use on French routes and primarily on Steam Workshop scenarios where DTG published content has to be used. Nevertheless , until we have something better, I use it as an X73500/X73900 substitute. The single unit Railtraction BR640 would have been a better choice, but that cannot be used in the Steam Workshop.

springer

Share this comment

I installed it now like the 442-Electric before and have now the rolling-sound on the track. But Horn and Diesel are still missing

Share this comment

Olaf,

Did you fully extract all the contents of your .ap file ? In Assets\DTG\BR648Pack01 you should have a "Audio", "InputMappers","Lights", "Particles","PreLoad",RailVehicles",,"Weather" folders as well as the .ap file.  In the RailVehicles folder there is a "Diesel" folder. In that you should have "BR648" and "SNCF". In the SNCF\Engine you should have copied in the 2 .GEOPCDX files.

If you have all that, then make sure you have deleted the blueprints.pak file from the main folder and then cleared the game's cache after you have finished all the above installation  changes.

If after checking and doing all that, you still do not have any horn or diesel engine sounds, I do not know what to suggest  ?? I have just re-installed my reskin again as per above and I have all the sounds as they should be.

Good luck

springer

Share this comment

I believe that the Main-File of the DTG 648 has an error. When I bought it on steam, I hab do install it 4 times, before it worked. The same I had on the BR 424 from DTG. Thinking about changing to Railtraction.

Share this comment

I tried to install the 648 completely new, and the Error was now on the original DTG 648 too. No Sound any more. I erased the DTG 648 from my steam now. I can say now: never buy a railvehicle from DTG. There are many constructors who are better. smile. Thank You for your work

Share this comment

Olaf ,

If you have erased the DTG 648 completely, why not try uninstalling it then re-installing it via Steam. If the Default loco then works oK, you can then unpack the .ap file fully again and then install the SNCF variant following my instructions. If the SNCF still causes problems delete all again and just re-install the default.

Thinking about you problem. Sometimes TS20XX can be very persistent in following previously set paths. That is why people are advised to always delete the blueprints .pak and Clear the game cache after installing anything.

If you go for a complete re-install one step at a time ( Default first and test then SNCF after fully unpacking the .ap, the delete blueprints and clear cache each time ), you will probably find that everything works. It would be a shame not to use the default loco since you have bought it. It is not that bad, although it is not as good as the Railtraction version.

springer

Share this comment