• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Grahamallene

TSW and Raildriver

Hi all, I have windows 10 with TSW 2020 and TS 2020 installed in Steam on D drive with RailDriverTS2019v1004 also installed (Default install on C drive). I run TS 2020 in 64 bit and Raildriver perfectly.
When I follow the instructions within the download, it says to download Macroworks 3.1 (1.1.2.11) and install which I have done (to default C drive). It tells me to look in Start menu for PI Engineering and find icon for calibration utility. It is not there! Neither is C:\Users\<your Windows user name>\AppData\Local\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3\MyScripts\RailDriver!
I have tried uninstalling, re-installing, removing Raildriver software, in fact everything without success. If I install the earlier version (1.1.1.91) that does include the calibration utility which I ran (many times), so the Raildriver IS calibrated!  What am I doing wrong?

wagener    1,000

Here is my path for RD_Calibration.exe : "C:\Program Files (x86)\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3.1\Devices\RailDriver\RD Calibration"

Run it from here and then copy the file "ModernCalibration.rdm" to "C:\Users\<your Username>\AppData\Local\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3\MyScripts\RailDriver"

Edited by wagener

Hi Wagener, thanks for the reply. For some reason I do not have Macroworks 3 in "C:\Users\<your Username>\AppData\Local\PI Engineering" that even though it IS installed on my system in default location. When installing Macroworks 3.1 (1.1.2.11) it refuses to go into "C:\Users\<your Username>\AppData\Local\PI Engineering"!

Reply 2: 

I have manually created a Macroworks 3 folder in "users etc" then ran the program again, chose a loco in screen that comes up then opened TSW2020, chose a train to drive (This case a class 47) and some of the controls work in a fashion. For example, the throttle moved a bit and in the wrong direction, the horn works ok, the rest move but in the wrong direction or just a little etc, etc. It is almost like they are not calibrated properly even though I have used RD calibration tool on many occasions. (It works fine in TS2020!)

Something is obviously out of sinc!

Hoping this little extra info might be useful.

wagener    1,000

Find somewhere on your hard disk the file "ModernCalibration.rdm" (even if it was used for TS2020) and copy it in "C:\Users\<your Username>\AppData\Local\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3\MyScripts\RailDriver", or in the place where you installed the program RailDriver for TSW, where the file "SelectLoco.cmd" and all its scripts (*.mw3) reside. This file ("ModernCalibration.rdm") has to be in this folder for this program running well.

This file ("ModernCalibration.rdm") is always the same and related to the RailDriver itself (no matter you used the RailDriver for TS2020, Trainz or Run8).

Edited by wagener

Gandalf    2,099

Hmmm, that's strange, because if the MacroWorks script does not find the calibration file, it stops with an error. So if it's kinda working, it found the calibration file.

You have to be aware of the limitations of this software though, as explained in the readme file. It is not, and can't be perfect since it has no clue of what's going on in TSW. Generally, move the levers slowly, and if out of sync, move back and forth to one lever extremity to "realign" the behaviour.

Gandalf    2,099

I've added a line in the Select Loco scripts to force the copy of the file.