• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Sim1149    454
1 hour ago, oskar13 said:

Hello,

About when will this line come out?

bonjour!,

cette ligne prendra probablement beaucoup de temps avant sa sortie, j'ai jusqu'ici terminé les stations ashford, calais et lille, je posterai fréquemment des photos de mes progrès

• Like 3

oskar13    9

Merci,

Vous avez raison le temps prend son temps. Prenez votre temps.

Cette ligne a l'air superbe.

Bonne journée

• Like 1

Sim1149    454
31 minutes ago, oskar13 said:

thank you,

You are right, time takes its time. Take your time.

This line looks superb.

Have a good day

Merci, 

ça veut dire beaucoup, mais oui c'est un gros projet et je vous tiendrai au courant sur ce fil.

• Like 1

Colargol    408

Hi! Amazing project and great work so far! Keep going you're on the right track :D
Btw, your French is very good! ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sim1149    454
7 minutes ago, Colargol said:

Hi! Amazing project and great work so far! Keep going you're on the right track :D
Btw, your French is very good! ;)

Thank you ! this gives me more reason to keep building and developing the line!

Sim1149    454

Full track layout and change 

revised signalling, overhead wires, track channels and speed signs.

Disposition et modification de la piste complète signalisation, câbles aériens, canaux de voie et panneaux de vitesse révisés.

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE -BRUSSELS CHANNEL TUNNEL ROUTE_52.55876--1.62045_12-04-41.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE -BRUSSELS CHANNEL TUNNEL ROUTE_52.55927--1.62090_12-00-40.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE -BRUSSELS CHANNEL TUNNEL ROUTE_52.55089--1.62245_12-03-30.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE -BRUSSELS CHANNEL TUNNEL ROUTE_52.56026--1.62071_12-00-34.jpg

• Like 3

yann13    949

When i lay the track, the distance between two tracks is very small, and I use the default London Faversham track rule. Do you know how I can fiw my problem?

Edited by yann13
  • Like 1

Sim1149    454
8 hours ago, yann13 said:

When i lay the track, the distance between two tracks is very small, and I use the default London Faversham track rule. Do you know how I can fiw my problem?

if im laying a long stretch of two piece track ill change how many track i lay down at the bottom left hand corner ( there is  a box with the number one in it you will be able to change) and this lays 2 pieces of track at the same time the correct distance apart, 

if you're building large sidings or large stations, i use the offset rule by measuring the track with the dotted lined box in the upper left corner box and then selecting 'offset' option which is next to it, i suggest you tube videos on track laying as they helped me understand a lot more. 

yann13    949

It is what i did, look to this screenshot to compare (on the left hand side, the tracks I laid, on the right hand side, the original tracks of the London-Faversham route)

20200420235007_1.thumb.jpg.4d0f42fad4a0af465152ba18c44fa514.jpg

Sim1149    454
4 minutes ago, yann13 said:

It is what i did, look to this screenshot to compare (on the left hand side, the tracks I laid, on the right hand side, the original tracks of the London-Faversham route)

20200420235007_1.thumb.jpg.4d0f42fad4a0af465152ba18c44fa514.jpg

ah, i see , that is no problem dont worry just build the track piece you want and then use the tool in the top left hand corner with the two arrows pointing towards each other (underneath the computer icon) to select your track and join it to the other track automatically. just click once on your track and then once on the already layed track and they should join.

Sim1149    454
3 minutes ago, yann13 said:

Did you do that all along your route?

yes, for the parts that needed it like Ashford to the tunnel but in France the highs peed lines remain close together so i didnt use the track connect tool then

also for sidings and the classic lines at Lille i used track connection tool.

Edited by Sim1149
  • Thanks 1

snacc    42

I just saw the screenshots, you're doing a very good job, as frequent Eurostar traveller, I love your project. 

~snacc

Sim1149    454
37 minutes ago, snacc said:

I just saw the screenshots, you're doing a very good job, as frequent Eurostar traveller, I love your project. 

~snacc

Ah Thank you !

im really glad you like it as a frequent traveller, means alot  !

Sim1149    454

Hard work on the English portal as i built this area first and it looked awful

Track completely changed and revised

extensive scenery change to look more realistic and higher quality 

realistic high metal and chain fences put up around the shuttle tracks/platforms and entrance to the tunnel

signalling and proper overhead wires being added in soon.

Travail acharné sur le portail anglais car j'ai construit cette zone en premier et elle avait l'air horrible

Piste complètement modifiée et révisée

un vaste changement de décor pour un rendu plus réaliste et de meilleure qualité

des clôtures en métal et en chaîne réalistes installées autour des pistes / plates-formes de la navette et de l'entrée du tunnel

la signalisation et les câbles aériens appropriés seront bientôt ajoutés.

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE -BRUSSELS CHANNEL TUNNEL ROUTE_52.33409--1.67220_12-47-43.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE -BRUSSELS CHANNEL TUNNEL ROUTE_52.32727--1.67381_12-47-08.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE -BRUSSELS CHANNEL TUNNEL ROUTE_52.32795--1.67419_12-47-17.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE -BRUSSELS CHANNEL TUNNEL ROUTE_52.33004--1.67233_12-47-33.jpg

• Like 3

snacc    42

Like Elena said, it indeed looks very great, for the Belgian part of the route, which signals are you going to use? The Coha ones? 

• Like 1

Sim1149    454
1 minute ago, snacc said:

Like Elena said, it indeed looks very great, for the Belgian part of the route, which signals are you going to use? The Coha ones? 

Most definitely yes , I haven’t done too much research into the Belgium section / signalling and all of that but the coha signals seem like the  most realistic and high rated Belgium signals  

Sim1149    454
53 minutes ago, Elena said:

Looking very great! 

Thank you ! 

• Like 1

Juraj    2

Hello Sim,

Thank you very much that you are working on such amazing route to Brussels ! 👌 According to the shared pictures, there is obviously high quality work done so far and I am already looking so much once you release it ! It seems that the major workload to build Ashford, Lille and Brussels is almost completed..?

Hello Yann,

I also like your idea to extend the HS1 from Ebbsleet to Ashford ! 😊 nobody knows when DTG would create this or if even so. Do you still have issue to get LGV pas de Calais from UKTS webpage ?

• Thanks 1

snacc    42
13 hours ago, Sim1149 said:

Most definitely yes , I haven’t done too much research into the Belgium section / signalling and all of that but the coha signals seem like the  most realistic and high rated Belgium signals  

The Eurostars drop their pantographs early for the current switch to 3kv to 25kv at Lembeek. Is there something you need, I might can do research for you. 

~snacc

• Thanks 1

Sim1149    454
2 hours ago, snacc said:

The Eurostars drop their pantographs early for the current switch to 3kv to 25kv at Lembeek. Is there something you need, I might can do research for you. 

~snacc

Yes please , im not very experienced nor have much knowledge about the change to belgian lines and i want it to be as realistic as possible so any help would be amazing

thank you !