• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Elena    1,165
9 hours ago, Sim1149 said:

Thank you and @Elena both it really means so much, ill be working hard to get back what ive lost, thank you elena that will look amazing !, by the time you complete that i should have fittingly finished the tunnel (calais-folkestone) 

thank you all

-sim 

Which Class 91 did you use? the AP version or the DTG one?

Sim1149    455
41 minutes ago, Elena said:

Which Class 91 did you use? the AP version or the DTG one?

DTG 

• Like 1

Sim1149    455
47 minutes ago, yann13 said:

Ok, good luck!

thank you !

-sim

Sim1149    455
3 hours ago, Elena said:

Le Shuttle repaint is done

20200504155039_1.jpg

Like snacc said very good , Looks amazing !! Love it 

-sim 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Elena    1,165

It was not as much as a challenge i thought it would be, but it was surely fun to do ;)

Sim1149    455
1 hour ago, Elena said:

It was not as much as a challenge i thought it would be, but it was surely fun to do ;)

Pretty simple the le shuttle but still much better than what I could achieve and much better detail so big creds to you 

thank you again !
-sim 

• Like 1

Sim1149    455

Hi all , just a quick one, do any of you know of any free overhead wires like the ones used at calais, if not its no problem im pretty good at using modifying certain parts to make it look like real things 

another is do you know anywhere i could maybe find the calais canopies, they really make calais frethun look the part.

thank you anything would be great, dont worry if there is not much though ill do my best.

-sim

Salut à tous, juste un rapide, connaissez-vous des fils aériens gratuits comme ceux utilisés à calais, sinon ce n'est pas un problème, je suis assez bon pour utiliser la modification de certaines parties pour le faire ressembler à de vraies choses

une autre est de savoir où je pourrais peut-être trouver les auvents calais, ils font vraiment regarder calais frethun la pièce.

merci, tout serait génial, ne vous inquiétez pas s'il n'y a pas grand-chose bien que je fasse de mon mieux.

-sim

calais.jpg

Edited by Sim1149

Elena    1,165
2 hours ago, Sim1149 said:

Hi all , just a quick one, do any of you know of any free overhead wires like the ones used at calais, if not its no problem im pretty good at using modifying certain parts to make it look like real things 

another is do you know anywhere i could maybe find the calais canopies, they really make calais frethun look the part.

thank you anything would be great, dont worry if there is not much though ill do my best.

-sim

Salut à tous, juste un rapide, connaissez-vous des fils aériens gratuits comme ceux utilisés à calais, sinon ce n'est pas un problème, je suis assez bon pour utiliser la modification de certaines parties pour le faire ressembler à de vraies choses

une autre est de savoir où je pourrais peut-être trouver les auvents calais, ils font vraiment regarder calais frethun la pièce.

merci, tout serait génial, ne vous inquiétez pas s'il n'y a pas grand-chose bien que je fasse de mon mieux.

-sim

calais.jpg

Maybe in the LGV route of DTG?

• Thanks 1

yann13    949

You can use the DTG overhead wires, and put two superimposed posts.

For the canopies, I think you could find one in the Ligne du Nord assets

• Thanks 1

Sim1149    455
3 minutes ago, yann13 said:

You can use the DTG overhead wires, and put two superimposed posts.

For the canopies, I think you could find one in the Ligne du Nord assets

Think that’s what I’m going to do , it’s what I used in the previous route , I try to limit my use of the ligne du Nord assets just in case they ever had a problem with me using their stuff but I guess it’s inevitable with some parts to not use signs etc So I will have a look 

thank you for your help 

Sim1149    455
33 minutes ago, Elena said:

Maybe in the LGV route of DTG?

Yeah I’ve had a look , I guess I’ll just have to use 2 single post gantrys and place them opposite which if I’m being honest looks exactly the same 

thank you 

• Like 1

Sim1149    455
15 minutes ago, snacc said:

Have you found the gantries you needed? 

~snacc

Think I’ve decided to use two normal single line gantries you’d find at Calais and merge them together to look like the ones in the pic , re-build is coming on nicely , some pics maybe in the next month or so when I’ve completed Calais - Folkestone 

-sim 

snacc    42
Just now, Sim1149 said:

Think I’ve decided to use two normal single line gantries you’d find at Calais and merge them together to look like the ones in the pic , re-build is coming on nicely , some pics maybe in the next month or so when I’ve completed Calais - Folkestone 

-sim 

How do you do this so fast lol, I've never seen someone do this so fast in my entire life haha, good luck my friend!

~snacc

Sim1149    455
6 hours ago, snacc said:

How do you do this so fast lol, I've never seen someone do this so fast in my entire life haha, good luck my friend!

~snacc

I just sit here and crack on with it :) im surprised really, sometimes i feel im very slow and i do still have a long way to go until i can consider the calais-folkestone section done, but i build all the track layout and gradients and than focus on sections to detail and add scenery bit by bit. but still at least a month until i get to some completion !

thank you once again, the supoort is everything !

-sim

Sim1149    455
6 hours ago, Elena said:

That's dedication :P 

exactly, just sit here and get done what i feel needs to be done !

• Like 1

snacc    42
43 minutes ago, Sim1149 said:

exactly, just sit here and get done what i feel needs to be done !

Respect 10000000%

~snacc

• Thanks 1

Sim1149    455

hi all

just small updates and notices for the future, folkestone still has a long way to go before completion but im loving every step and hopefully making the route better 

just small pics of the shuttle platforms and the sidings/locomotives works that sit just left to the platforms

please if you see this leave a comment, im open to constructive criticism to really make this route the best channel tunnel route featuring brussels, lille and ashford out there , and feedback means so much to me,

thank you :) 

salut à tous juste de petites mises à jour et des avis pour l'avenir, folkestone a encore un long chemin à parcourir avant l'achèvement, mais j'aime chaque étape et, espérons-le, améliore la route juste de petites photos des plates-formes

de navette et des travaux de voie d'évitement / locomotives qui se trouvent juste à gauche des plates-formes

s'il vous plaît si vous voyez cela, laissez un commentaire, je suis ouvert à des critiques constructives pour vraiment faire de cet itinéraire le meilleur itinéraire de tunnel sous la Manche avec Bruxelles, Lille et Ashford, et les commentaires signifient tellement,

Merci :) 

-sim

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.02990-0.46511_21-01-10.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.02988-0.46594_21-00-54.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.03141-0.47032_21-02-17.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.03137-0.45170_21-01-40.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.03132-0.47851_21-02-38.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.03159-0.47239_21-02-26.jpg

• Like 6