• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 3 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sim1149    454
1 hour ago, rabby62 said:

very very nice job....you can be proud of that...many thanks for all simers :wub:

Thank you rabby ! , it means a lot to hear that , Very greatfull  to be able to build these lines for others :) 

-sim 

Sim1149    454

deleted 

Edited by Sim1149
  • Like 10

Sim1149    454
17 minutes ago, yann13 said:

That looks very good! 

Thank you yann , difficult not to drown the place in green grass but i think it's going well :laugh: 

• Like 1

Sim1149    454
3 minutes ago, Elena said:

Looks amazing, keep up the work!;)

Thank you Elena, slowly but surely making progress jumping between different sections !

• Like 1

snacc    42

It's seriously amazing how fast you are working! You have our full support!! 

~snacc

• Like 1

Sim1149    454
15 minutes ago, snacc said:

It's seriously amazing how fast you are working! You have our full support!! 

~snacc

Thank you snacc ! , I try to work when ever is possible , I don’t really know the hours that other content creators work so often I feel quite slow :laugh: , anyway as long as it looks good and looks like Calais that’s all that matters I guess ! 
means a lot as always 

Sim1149    454

Just looking for help , when I get round to starting the high speed lines to Lille - Brussels maybe Paris but that’s out of thought for now  , what’s  the best way to do so ? Like should I build in small sections or large sections etc 

I only ask because my previous version was pretty horrific and I want this version to be up there with high quality standards 

-sim - 

snacc    42

You should continue to build in small sections, just like you've done it with Folkestone. Maybe a later version to London St. Pancras?

~snacc. 

• Thanks 1

Elena    1,165
2 hours ago, Sim1149 said:

Just looking for help , when I get round to starting the high speed lines to Lille - Brussels maybe Paris but that’s out of thought for now  , what’s  the best way to do so ? Like should I build in small sections or large sections etc 

I only ask because my previous version was pretty horrific and I want this version to be up there with high quality standards 

-sim - 

Yeah, it‘s better to do it in smaller parts instead of big, so you can put more details in it

• Thanks 1

Sim1149    454
8 minutes ago, snacc said:

You should continue to build in small sections, just like you've done it with Folkestone. Maybe a later version to London St. Pancras?

~snacc. 

Yeah I think that’s best I was going to do it in miles so every 10,000 miles or something stop and fill it all in 

the difference with Folkestone is it’s quite a compact area that I’m able to easily complete , Calais and the 92,000 miles of distance between Calais-Lille is hard to do in one 

As for the future though ! I’m fondley thinking of the extension to Paris nord or up to TGV haute Picardie , I might leave the areas beyond ashford to yann as he has mentioned before he’s connecting ebbsfleet  , what’s your thoughts on this ? , as I’m sure you know the tgv and Eurostar services very well I’m open to extending the route past ashford - Brussels to your requests ! 

• Like 1

yann13    949
il y a 59 minutes, Sim1149 a dit :

Yeah I think that’s best I was going to do it in miles so every 10,000 miles or something stop and fill it all in 

the difference with Folkestone is it’s quite a compact area that I’m able to easily complete , Calais and the 92,000 miles of distance between Calais-Lille is hard to do in one 

As for the future though ! I’m fondley thinking of the extension to Paris nord or up to TGV haute Picardie , I might leave the areas beyond ashford to yann as he has mentioned before he’s connecting ebbsfleet  , what’s your thoughts on this ? , as I’m sure you know the tgv and Eurostar services very well I’m open to extending the route past ashford - Brussels to your requests ! 

That would be cool, but i think you should finish the initial project first before thinking about an extension to Paris, which could be quite complicated to do

• Thanks 1

Sim1149    454
43 minutes ago, yann13 said:

That would be cool, but i think you should finish the initial project first before thinking about an extension to Paris, which could be quite complicated to do

Exactly what I was thinking , I don’t want to complicate it too much so I’ll release ashford - Brussels and then maybe if I can pluck up the patience to do the whole section to Paris that can come as a V2 update 

• Like 3

snacc    42
2 hours ago, Sim1149 said:

My ideas (no idea if it would work though):
V0.1: Ashford - Lille - Brussels-Midi
V1.1: Ashford - Lille - Paris Nord
V1.2: London St. Pancras - Brussels (via Ashford ofcourse)

I do know the Eurostar services very well, cause I'm a frequent traveller with them.

~snacc

Edited by snacc
  • Like 2

yann13    949

It could be even more interesting (if the route has been built with the same Route Origin as London Faversham) to make a merge with the London Faversham line and then join the two lines.

• Like 1

Sim1149    454
14 minutes ago, yann13 said:

It could be even more interesting (if the route has been built with the same Route Origin as London Faversham) to make a merge with the London Faversham line and then join the two lines.

I will check but I’m 99% percent sure I did make it using the kHs London faversham origins so that would work , I’ll have to check though 

• Like 1

Sim1149    454
2 hours ago, snacc said:

My ideas (no idea if it would work though):
V0.1: Ashford - Lille - Brussels-Midi
V1.1: Ashford - Lille - Paris Nord
V1.2: London St. Pancras - Brussels (via Ashford ofcourse)

I do know the Eurostar services very well, cause I'm a frequent traveller with them.

~snacc

Yeah I I remember you saying and It’s great help for future lines concerning Eurostar ! , I’ll deffo release ashford - Brussels and then maybe Paris , if the route origins do mix and someone creates the extension from ebbsfleet then that’s version 1.2 of course - full London to Brussels/Paris 

just need to get over Calais for now , massive area that I’m struggling to find starting points on but I will get there eventually 

• Like 1

Sim1149    454

hi all , going to finish up the exit from calais-frethun so part of the high speed line will be completed and then take a few days off ( only 3-4) just to evaluate what parts of the route i can complete and start to move onto as calais is a huge area which will take a lot of thinking and time to complete. anyway 

-pictured here i have completely electrified and signalled ( apart from one or two signals i need to find), signed etc calais-frethun station onwards

-completed Frethun, Mairie de Frethun and the fields surrounding those areas

i think the routes coming on nicely , feedback is always appreciated :) 

Salut à tous, je vais terminer la sortie de calais-frethun pour qu'une partie de la ligne à grande vitesse soit terminée, puis prendre quelques jours de congé (seulement 3-4) juste pour évaluer les parties de l'itinéraire que je peux terminer et commencer à passer car calais est un vaste domaine qui prendra beaucoup de temps et de réflexion. en tous cas

-photographié ici j'ai complètement électrifié et signalé ( en dehors d'un ou deux signaux, je dois trouver), signé etc calais-frethun gare en avant

- Frethun, Mairie de Frethun et les champs entourant ces zones terminés

- canopies thanks to andrea71 - his line http://www.rotabili-italiani.org/sito/itinerari-reali.html 

Edited by Sim1149
  • Like 6

Sim1149    454
22 minutes ago, Elena said:

that looks super good:wub:

Thank you as always Elena

• Like 1