• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Nico    115

What an amazing job. This route is so mythic, it suits perfectly with the Eurostar Velaro :)

I'm so happy to see it coming for TS ! Maybe a complete Paris - Brussels - London in the future... (I'm not asking :D)

Take your time mate ;)

Edited by Nico
  • Thanks 1

Sim1149    454
7 hours ago, tobiasgg169 said:

that looks awesome. :) keep it up:):)

Thank you so much Tobias ! , means a lot to me , and the progress is slowly picking up speed again

... this goes as a public announcement to which some will already know , I’ve acquired a new setup and I just need to download steam and get back into everything , that + school and other hobby’s at the moment mean the route progress has declined slightly , I’m not stopping in any way and this route will be completed even if that means I pass it onto another fellow route builder to finish it up , I’m always active here and the kind comments are my main motivation 

whilst there’s still lots left to do , I’m actually quite close to surpassing the point I was at which I deleted the route previously 

Thank you again - sim :wub: 

• Like 2

Sim1149    454
5 hours ago, Nico said:

What an amazing job. This route is so mythic, it suits perfectly with the Eurostar Velaro :)

I'm so happy to see it coming for TS ! Maybe a complete Paris - Brussels - London in the future... (I'm not asking :D)

Take your time mate ;)

Thank you nico ! , it’s exactly what I was thinking too ! , whilst not everyones cup of tea is 30 mins in a tunnel , I think it’s somewhat cool knowing you are entering a completely different country anyway , as mentioned above the route will 100% come to train sim in some way or another and Paris - Brussels definitely isn’t out of the realms of possibilities :) , thank you for the support it’s what keeps the line running 

-sim 

• Like 2

Nico    115

You are welcome :)

This could be a great experience. I had the chance to travel between Paris and London. It was ten years ago... so fascinating. The tunnel itself is quite short indeed but how could you imagine a thing like this. I was like "we are travelling on a 400 meters TGV under the Channel. What the... Alright buddy, keep focus and let's switch to English now" :D

I managed to work on a bit of this route in the past. However I did not found enough accurate stuff about that missing link (oh oh another one) Ashford - Ebbsfleet.

So I am happy to see you're doing well !

Nico

• Thanks 1

Sim1149    454

Indeed ! Being a regular Eurostar traveler I really wanted this route to come to train sim ( like you I’ve tried previously .... 4 times ) each time has failed but equally I’ve come back a better route builder and finally believe this version of the line is worthy of public access ! , i would love to include Paris and ebbsfleet that’s the dream anyway butttt I might need another route builder to help me towards that dream as building the full hour to Paris from Lille plus what I’m doing now .... scary stuff haha 

I’m very great-full for this and everyones support like I’ll always say it means a lot thank you 

-sim 

• Like 1

snacc    42

Just take your time, especially with the virus outbreak nowadays... If there's anything I can do for you, let me know hehe B)

~snacc

• Thanks 1

Sim1149    454

Thank you snacc ! Means a lot ,I think we can all agree back to normalish life for all content creators / simmers has put a lot of spanners in the work because it’s a struggle to find time but as we speak I’m working on Calais + dollands moor on my old laptop until I work out how much train sim will affect usage on my pc .... incredibly slow and jittery but the enjoyment of creativity is still there and that’s what matters , all the best :) 

-sim 

• Like 2

andrea71    77

salut les amis, je suis ici pour vous montrer une petite mise à jour. J'ai eu une période de travail très intense et j'ai réduit la productivité au minimum, cependant je n'ai pas oublié ce magnifique projet. Ici, je modélise et textures le bâtiment de la gare derrière la cathédrale classique. Les textures se sont très bien déroulées

lille retro10.png

lille retro11.png

another floor.png

Edited by andrea71
  • Like 6

Sim1149    454

ça a l'air incroyable andrea merci beaucoup, je comprends parfaitement les temps occupés / autres pièces qui gênent s'il vous plaît ne vous inquiétez pas et concentrez-vous sur les choses qui comptent cela fonctionne est incroyable merci ! 

-sim 

Sim1149    454

Merry christmas / happy holidays to everyone !

what a year its been and i hope everyone here finds time to relax, thank you for all the support shown since i joined in early April of this year , it keeps me going with the project and things are going so well , here's an overview of the project and a couple of new things (new work on Calais and Dollands moor ) ill continue to update and inform about my progress and hopefully things will be just as productive in 2021!

thank you all ! :wub: 

Joyeux Noël / bonnes fêtes à tous!

Merci à tous !

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.02893-0.49092_08-13-11.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.02945-0.49930_08-13-30.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.02947-0.49893_08-13-02.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_52.07857-0.67587_08-05-56.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.03148-0.46737_08-14-35.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.03170-0.45413_08-15-05.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.40059-0.16850_08-10-33.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.40781-0.16296_08-01-11.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.40820-0.15392_08-01-00.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.40870-0.17071_08-01-23.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.42077-0.18307_08-02-42.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.42095-0.18203_08-02-31.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.42118-0.18132_08-02-14.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_52.07877-0.67538_08-05-25.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_52.07883-0.67623_08-05-41.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_52.07944-0.67781_08-06-44.jpg

• Like 13

Sim1149    454

finished re-doing the cross-sections in the chunnel , a big thanks still to @andrea71 for allowing me to use some of the assets shown here !

rounded the tunnel walls as this is what the cross sections looks like in real life , modded with pipes/ lights/handrails and although not shown very well in the pic as for some reason its blacked out .... i have implemented the sliding doors to cut off the cross-over ( though only static in game ) they are properly textured to look like the chunnel doors , a little bit of work left to do but all in all going well .

thank you for the support it means a lot as always  :) 

arrondi les murs du tunnel car c'est à quoi ressemblent les sections transversales dans la vraie vie, modifiés avec des tuyaux / lumières / mains courantes et bien que cela ne soit pas très bien montré sur la photo car pour une raison quelconque, il est noirci .... j'ai implémenté les portes coulissantes pour couper le cross-over (bien que statique dans le jeu), ils sont correctement texturés pour ressembler aux portes du chunnel, un peu de travail à faire mais dans l'ensemble se passe bien.

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.15006-0.27098_22-01-40.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.14992-0.27099_22-01-08.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.14969-0.27118_22-01-22.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.14925-0.27124_22-00-53.jpg

Edited by Sim1149
darker lighting and cables added
  • Like 9

yann13    949

Wonderful!

But i think the tunnels are darker and the lights are not so bright in reality, according to this cab ride: (your tunnel looks very weird for me)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sim1149    454
40 minutes ago, yann13 said:

Wonderful!

But i think the tunnels are darker and the lights are not so bright in reality, according to this cab ride: (your tunnel looks very weird for me)

Ah thank you yann ! I will get to work on that tomorrow , indeed it does look darker and I will fix up a couple other things I’ve noticed like the inner tunnel wall carry’s and curves inwards ever so slightly which would explain why mine looks so spacious haha ! 

Edited by Sim1149
  • Like 2

Sim1149    454

Thank you Elena and snacc !
, a lot of time will certainly be taken at the moment as using my old laptop is slowww but building isn’t too much of an issue so we can continue for now ! 

• Like 1