• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Sim1149    454
On 30/03/2022 at 9:45 PM, Caffeine said:

The detail is always amazing!
I'm amazed that TS editor can do it.

haha thank you very much , it means a lot.

With time and hard work , anything is possible ;) 

• Like 3

Sim1149    454

Hi all ,

sorry for the delayed post on here. I try to post both on my Facebook and on this thread however after posting on my Facebook I forgot to post here, so some of would have already seen this update https://www.facebook.com/groups/478481093471246/:)

However , here are the latest updates :  Work on the route has progressed significantly the last few days with Most of Calais seeing revised overhead wires , pulleys and other realistic upgrades.

Lille has also been given some major attention although more to come on that soon…

For now enjoy the plethora of catenary poles and wires that encompass Calais with these screenshots.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour à tous

désolé pour le post retardé ici. J’essaie de poster à la fois sur mon Facebook et sur ce fil de discussion, mais après avoir posté sur mon Facebook, j’ai oublié de poster ici, donc certains auraient déjà vu cette mise à jour https://www.facebook.com/groups/478481093471246/:) 

Cependant, voici les dernières mises à jour : Les travaux sur l’itinéraire ont considérablement progressé ces derniers jours, la plupart de Calais voyant des fils aériens révisés, des poulies et d’autres améliorations réalistes.

Lille a également fait l’objet d’une attention particulière, bien que d’autres soient à venir bientôt...

Pour l’instant, profitez de la pléthore de poteaux et de fils caténaires qui englobent Calais avec ces captures d’écran.

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.40881-0.16641_08-29-35.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.40634-0.16925_08-30-13.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.40129-0.16861_08-30-58.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.39592-0.16846_08-31-53.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.40975-0.15853_08-27-27.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.41000-0.15864_08-29-06.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Sim1149    454
On 11/05/2022 at 10:30 AM, tobiasgg169 said:

Still amazing as always:D

I really can't wait to drive on this route. Keep it up:D

Thank you Tobias. Means a lot :) 

Sim1149    454

Hi all.

Nothing much other than a small update.

Right now my workload is high and for the past 3/4 months I haven't really had the time to focus on the route as much as I would have liked. I expected this to be the case however and its just about waiting for the right time to come along where I am able to get back to progressing with the route.

One thing that is for certain though, is that this route will never become one of those 'abandoned projects' or 'discontinued projects'. I've got a lot of ideas for when I finally have time to continue with the route but for now its just about keeping you all as a community updated with what is going on. It is something I like to do as I know that feeling all too well when a developer goes quiet for 6 months , a year , two years and so on and I refuse to let that happen.

I know you will understand as this community is great. Thank you :) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour à tous.

Rien d’autre qu’une petite mise à jour.

En ce moment, ma charge de travail est élevée et depuis 3/4 mois, je n’ai pas vraiment eu le temps de me concentrer sur l’itinéraire autant que je l’aurais souhaité. Je m’attendais à ce que ce soit le cas cependant et c’est à peu près d’attendre le bon moment pour arriver où je suis en mesure de revenir à la progression de l’itinéraire.

Une chose est certaine cependant, c’est que cette voie ne deviendra jamais l’un de ces « projets abandonnés » ou « projets abandonnés ».

J’ai beaucoup d’idées pour quand j’aurai enfin le temps de continuer sur la route, mais pour l’instant, il s’agit simplement de vous tenir tous au courant de ce qui se passe en tant que communauté. C’est quelque chose que j’aime faire car je sais que je ne me sens que trop bien quand un développeur se tait pendant 6 mois, un an, deux ans et ainsi de suite et que je refuse de laisser cela se produire.

Je sais que vous comprendrez que cette communauté est formidable. Merci :) 

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.41397-0.17280_21-29-59.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.39372-0.16857_21-22-59.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.40903-0.17024_21-28-21.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Elena    1,165

Yet as always, very excited to see it soon, keep up the work!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sim1149    454
13 hours ago, Elena said:

Yet as always, very excited to see it soon, keep up the work!!

Thank you for the unconditional support as always Elena ! Really means a lot :) 

• Like 3

Sim1149    454
10 hours ago, tobiasgg169 said:

Once amazing, always amazing:D

I know i say it a lot but: keep it up:D

Thank you Tobias. Your supportive words never lose value and Im always incredibly grateful. Thank you :) 

Caffeine    8

Project will not get abandoned or discontinue.

We sure appreciate good news.

...and few pictures to keep excited :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sim1149    454
6 hours ago, Caffeine said:

Project will not get abandoned or discontinue.

We sure appreciate good news.

...and few pictures to keep excited :)

Exactly. My promise is that this route will be released for public use one day :) 

Happy to be able to keep you all up to date with what's currently going on and I'm glad you like the pictures :)

Thank you Caffeine.

• Like 3

Sim1149    454

Hello :) 

Back again. I have some time on my hands now (until October at least) and for the last couple of days work on the project has continued.

I'm working hard to upgrade the overhead wiring and catenary across the route so that it is more realistic/as true to life as possible. On top of this I am currently working on finishing the scenery between Ashford and Folkestone, with the aim being that Ashford to Calais will be completely finished by the end of the year. A huge milestone I would love to reach but time will tell :) 

I cant thank you all enough for your support and patience, it makes it easy for me to work positively on the project and provide you all with honest and high quality work. There's not much to showcase yet so instead I've attached a couple of photos just to keep you on your toes :D 

All the best !

Thank you Andrea and AHS for some of the assets seen within these posts !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour  :) 

Retour en arrière. J’ai un peu de temps devant moi maintenant (jusqu’en octobre au moins) et depuis quelques jours, le travail sur le projet s’est poursuivi.

Je travaille dur pour améliorer le câblage aérien et la caténaire sur la route afin qu’il soit plus réaliste / aussi fidèle à la vie que possible. En plus de cela, je travaille actuellement sur la finition du paysage entre Ashford et Folkestone, dans le but qu’Ashford et Calais soient complètement terminés d’ici la fin de l’année. Une étape importante que j’aimerais atteindre, mais le temps nous le dira. :) 

Je ne peux pas vous remercier assez pour votre soutien et votre patience, cela me permet de travailler facilement positivement sur le projet et de vous fournir à tous un travail honnête et de haute qualité. Il n’y a pas encore grand-chose à présenter, alors j’ai joint quelques photos juste pour vous garder sur vos gardes. :D 

Tous les meilleurs !

Merci Andrea et AHS !

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.39325-0.16908_17-38-00.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.40487-0.17225_17-30-49.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.39569-0.16842_17-34-35.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.40955-0.17094_17-28-16.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.40754-0.16950_17-30-18.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.41451-0.17481_17-26-22.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.41912-0.18110_17-23-06.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.41071-0.13486_17-20-20.jpg

• Like 14

Sim1149    454
1 hour ago, Elena said:

:wub:As always it‘s looking very great!

Thank you Elena ! :D 

It's certainly becoming something :) 

• Like 2

Sim1149    454
15 hours ago, tobiasgg169 said:

I agree with Elena:)

Looks amazing as always indeed:D

Thank you Tobias for the kind words. 
It always means a lot ! :) 

Sim1149    454
6 hours ago, Rye_Akai said:

Wow, it's really amazing good work ! :)

Thank you ! :) 

Sim1149    454

Hi everyone.

I must apologise first and foremostly for the length of time I have left you all without any updates, you're all great people and I know you will tell me to focus on what's most important, but I never intended on being away for so long and I hate to think that anyone for one moment thought of this project as 'dead'. My reason for being away so long... life!  Truthfully, this project really gained traction throughout the Covid pandemic when we had all the time in the world! and it has since flourished into something so much bigger than I had ever imagined and I'm proud, just as I hope you all are proud too because you have al helped. This year has been one of the hardest in terms of workload and other things going on in my personal life and sadly as a result I've had practically no time or motivation the entire year. But the project is alive and well and I have managed to get things done from time to time since I have been gone, it's just not been worthy of a post. However, the past couple of weeks I've had more time to play with and work has progressed quite nicely :) 

Brussels, Lille and Ashford have seen the most progress this year. I'm still aiming to have Ashford to Calais done quite soon with Lille and Brussels following in time to come. For now, here are photos of Lille and trackwork at Brussels.

Edit: I apologise that Lille might look a little bit strange/off. I unfortunately don't have the right assets so I'm having to use the DTG Mediterranee assets 

I really don't want to give anyone false hope so that's probably all from me for now. But with that being said, it is near Christmas, and I should have a lot more time to play with soon and those that have followed this route the past 2-3 years will know that I love a Christmas themed update, so I look forward to providing more soon. 

All the best, thank you :) 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salut à tous.

Je dois d'abord et avant tout m'excuser pour le temps que je vous ai tous laissés sans aucune mise à jour, vous êtes tous des gens formidables et je sais que vous me direz de me concentrer sur ce qui est le plus important, mais je n'ai jamais eu l'intention de m'absenter aussi longtemps et je déteste penser que quiconque a un instant pensé à ce projet comme "mort". Ma raison d'être absent si longtemps... la vie! Honnêtement, ce projet a vraiment gagné du terrain tout au long de la pandémie de Covid alors que nous avions tout le temps du monde! et depuis, cela s'est transformé en quelque chose de beaucoup plus grand que je ne l'avais jamais imaginé et je suis fier, tout comme j'espère que vous êtes tous fiers aussi parce que vous avez toujours aidé. Cette année a été l'une des plus difficiles en termes de charge de travail et d'autres choses dans ma vie personnelle et, malheureusement, je n'ai eu pratiquement ni temps ni motivation toute l'année. Mais le projet est bien vivant et j'ai réussi à faire avancer les choses de temps en temps depuis que je suis parti, ce n'est tout simplement pas digne d'un poste. Cependant, au cours des deux dernières semaines, j'ai eu plus de temps pour jouer et le travail a assez bien progressé :) 

Bruxelles, Lille et Ashford ont connu le plus de progrès cette année. Je vise toujours à ce qu'Ashford à Calais se fasse assez rapidement avec Lille et Bruxelles qui suivront dans le temps à venir. Pour l'instant, voici des photos de Lille et des travaux de piste à Bruxelles.

Je ne veux vraiment pas donner de faux espoirs à qui que ce soit, donc c'est probablement tout de moi pour l'instant. Mais cela étant dit, c'est bientôt Noël, et je devrais avoir beaucoup plus de temps pour jouer avec bientôt et ceux qui ont suivi cette voie au cours des 2-3 dernières années sauront que j'adore une mise à jour sur le thème de Noël, donc j'ai hâte d'en fournir plus bientôt.

Tout le meilleur, merci :) 

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_52.73096--1.04013_17-27-41.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_52.25270--0.01956_17-23-14.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_52.25251--0.02051_17-23-46.jpg

Edited by Sim1149
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

rabby62    7,399

on reconnait bien Lille Flandres....., mais il faut , il est vrai , penser d'abord à ce qui le plus important , c'est votre vie privée et professionnelle....et loin de nous l'idée que vous nous aviez oubliés...

belle journée à vous

and all the best for you and your family

Best Regards

jean-pierre

• Thanks 1

Sim1149    454
On 09/12/2022 at 7:31 PM, tobiasgg169 said:

Looks amazing as always.

Take care of yourself, and we'll wait. 

Thank you :) 

Sim1149    454

Back again !

This year should hopefully be better. 2022 was tough but I expected I wouldn't have much time that year, I'm towards the end of my studies and I've already been able to work on the project a fair bit compared to this time last year so it's looking bright :) 

progress has been slow but its progress...  Lille has advanced the most, I've worked hard to get it into the latter stages of development and I'd say its just over half way completed. The other area that has seen the most work is Folkestone. It was brought to my attention that this area needed serious improving. Frames were awful and I had used old Kuju assets for the most part. Therefore I am re-visiting the entirety of Folkestone.

The attached images are very general, there's of course Lille and some of the upgrades done to Folkestone and Dollands Moor but take it from me the area is being heavily revised. 

That' the update for now. Who knows when I will return !! It wont be long though. 

stay safe :) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

De retour !

J'espère que cette année devrait être meilleure. 2022 a été difficile mais je m'attendais à ne pas avoir beaucoup de temps cette année-là, je suis vers la fin de mes études et j'ai déjà pu travailler pas mal sur le projet par rapport à cette période l'année dernière donc ça a l'air brillant :) 

les progrès ont été lents mais ses progrès... Lille a le plus progressé, j'ai travaillé dur pour le faire entrer dans les dernières étapes de développement et je dirais qu'il est à peu près à mi-chemin. L'autre région qui a vu le plus de travail est Folkestone. Il a été porté à mon attention que ce domaine nécessitait de sérieuses améliorations. Les cadres étaient affreux et j'avais utilisé d'anciens actifs Kuju pour la plupart. Par conséquent, je revisite l'intégralité de Folkestone.

Les images jointes sont très générales, il y a bien sûr Lille et certaines des améliorations apportées à Folkestone et Dollands Moor, mais croyez-moi, la région est en train d'être fortement révisée.

C'est la mise à jour pour l'instant. Qui sait quand je reviendrai !! Ce ne sera pas long cependant.

restez en sécurité :) 

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.02996-0.46322_17-29-42.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_51.02951-0.49516_17-33-45.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_50.94914-0.66872_17-37-41.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_52.25173--0.02427_17-30-16.jpg

Screenshot_ASHFORD-LILLE-BRUSSELS ROUTE_52.25141--0.02442_17-32-40.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1